By choosing to “LIVE BETTER” you have made your first important step towards improving the quality of your life.
The next step is to prepare yourself for therapy. Let’s figure out how you envision your healing.
Please consider the following questions. You may find it helpful to jot down some of your thoughts or reactions:
- You have been affected by some problems and are seeking help. How has your life has been disrupted by these problems?
- Are your reactions to these problems controlling your life? If so, in what way?
- How have your activities changed since these problems started? For example, did you use to go to more social events, exercise more, etc.?
- If you asked your friends or close family what they miss about you since these problems came into your life, what would they say?
- Suppose that you get the right help and put these challenges behind you. What do you hope you will be able to do 6 months from now?
- Therapy is often beneficial in helping getting their lives back, but it can be stressful, time-consuming and requires effort in the short-term. Why have you decided today is the right moment for you to face these problems?
- What will happen in your life if you don’t work on these problems or continue to react the same way to them?
- If you were to hit a snag while engaged in therapy and begin to lose energy or focus, what important reminder would help you to motivate you to persevere and see therapy through?